Associate of Science in Nursing
The online AS in Nursing degree program is exam-based, specifically designed to provide a pathway to a nursing degree for LPNs, LVNs, paramedics, and military corpsmen. Graduates are prepared to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and pursue rewarding careers in the health care industry.
Degree Level: Associate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Students can complete an Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program.
- Must be a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse; paramedic; or have certain classifications of active duty military, National Guard, or Reserves in a specific military occupation that is equivalent to scope of practice to LPN/LVN or paramedic
- TEAS score report from ATI completed no more than one year prior to the date of your application
- Completed Verification of Health Care Experience form (PDF) including your supervisor's signature
- A copy of a current license or certification to verify professional status in an appropriate health care profession
- If you reside in a state with additional licensure requirements you must complete and submit a Pre-Admission State Board Form
Not authorized for students residing in the state of Washington.
Excelsior College was founded in 1971 by the New York State Board of Regents, and was originally known as the Regents External Degree Program (REX). In April 1998, the Board of Regents granted the College a charter to operate as a private, nonprofit, independent institution and on January 1, 2001, Regents College changed its name to Excelsior College. Excelsior College provides educational opportunity to adult learners with an emphasis on those historically underrepresented in higher education. The College meets students where they are — academically and geographically, offering quality instruction and the assessment of learning.
Excelsior College offers high-quality academics in a convenient, affordable online format with degrees and certificates in more than 30 disciplines in the fields of business, health sciences, liberal arts, nursing, public service, and technology.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.