The online Master of Education in Special Education & Applied Behavioral Analysis with a specialization in Severe disabilities program provides knowledge and practice related to teaching children with severe disabilities of all grades. The curriculum addresses theories of language development, diagnosis and assessment, and functional curriculum development alongside the behavioral coursework that meets the educational requirement to sit for certification by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board as a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst. Graduates demonstrate knowledge of typical child development and exceptionalities along with knowledge of and approach to the subject.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work
- Essay of 250-500 words on career goals and motivation for graduate study
- Interview with the program director and/or vice president and dean of the School of Graduate and Professional Studies
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education