Eastern Kentucky University offers the online MPA. This degree provides the critical skills needed to assume a variety of leadership roles within nonprofit, public sector and government institutions. The customizable program allows you to hone your leadership and managerial skills with a broad study of public administration or to leverage your interests and work experience by acquiring in-depth specialization in a variety of focus areas.
The curriculum blends academic and professional preparation through course topics such as:
- administration, ethics and public policy
- policy analysis and program evaluation
- public human resources management
- public finance administration
- public sector leadership
- administrative law
- Achieves a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale). In addition, applicants are expected to have verbal scores of 145 or above, and quantitative scores of 145 or above on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher are exempt from the GRE requirement.
- Evaluation of academic potential based on two (2) letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant’s academic or employment experience;
- Evaluation of academic potential and appropriate interests based on a statement of career goals and objectives.
Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges