Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Eastern Illinois University
The online RN to BSN degree program from Eastern Illinois University enhances students' nursing practice, prepares them for leadership positions, and provides a foundation for entering graduate school. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Provide care to individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations
- Integrate general and liberal education into nursing knowledge to support clinical decision-making, evidence-based practice, and evaluative nursing practice
- Become a collaborative member of the health care team and a manager, leader, and coordinator of care
- Be accountable and responsible for professional development and life-long learning
- Build an ethical value system for informed nursing practice
- Be prepared to serve clients in a variety of settings with diverse needs
- Communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, and other members of the health care team
- Use knowledge and research to form an inquiry-based practice
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
This is a bachelor completion program. 120 total credits are required, including transfer and major requirements.
- Program curriculum: 42 credits
- Associate degree or nursing diploma
- Prerequisite course requirements met
- Admission to EIU
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4 point scale
- Current RN license from state of residence
- Two professional letters of reference
- Professional Statement
- CPR certification as a Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer
- Two-step TB testing with annual updates
- Immunizations (Hepatitis B series or waiver, DT within 10 years, and MMR (2 after first birthday if born after January 1, 1957)
- Health history and physical
- Certified Background Check
Eastern Illinois University is a public state institution of higher learning located in Charleston, Illinois. Founded in 1895 as the Eastern Illinois State Normal School, the school’s original purpose was to be a two-year training school for teachers. Over the years the university has grown to include areas of specialization outside of education. The university changed its name to Eastern Illinois State College in 1947. Ten years later, the university adopted its current name.
At Eastern Illinois University students can earn degrees at the bachelor’s and master’s level. Some of the most popular majors at EIU include business, education, communications and psychology. Online degree programs are offered through EIU's School of Continuing Education.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.