The online Master of Science in Education with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction program is for all teachers in grades PreK-12 and adapts for all content areas. The curriculum encompasses comprehensive content knowledge and promotes the use of critical thinking and problem solving to cultivate teacher-researchers who are empowered to serve as leaders in the profession. Students learn to bridge the gap between theory and practice as they develop the skills required for ethical and effective collaboration and communication within the local school community and a culturally diverse, technologically advanced global environment.
This degree program requires 35-36 credits for completion.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution approved by Eastern Illinois University and a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 (provisional admission may be acquired with a lower GPA)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Letter of application to address professional and educational goals related to the learning outcomes associated with the program
- A current professional resume
- A copy of an active teaching license
- At least one professional reference
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission