Eastern Illinois University offers an online English degree, the Master of Arts in English. With small classes and a vibrant, engaged faculty, students are challenged and inspired to pursue their interests and prepare for careers or further study. This program provides the opportunity to work closely with publishing scholars in the field of your choice while earning your English degree. Concentrations are available in literary studies, literary studies with creative writing emphasis, and rhetoric and composition.
The curriculum includes timely courses that include:
- Harry Potter and Pedagogy
- Writing about Health and for Health Organizations
- Writing Instruction and Grammar: Searching for Practical Solutions
- Shakespeare for All
- Science Fiction Vanguards: New Wave and Cyberpunk
The course of study includes an initial one-week, on-campus summer residency.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or a 2.75 GPA on the last 60 hours of graded academic course work
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Statement of professional goals
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Three emails for recommenders
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission