The online Master of Arts in Community Arts program is designed to blend online courses with intensive studio experiences. The curriculum strengthens the development of individuals interested in visual arts education with professional development for the teaching of art in multiple settings. The program meets requirements for elementary teachers, special needs teachers, early childhood educators, artists, community workers, museum educators, art center educators, and other professionals.
This degree program requires 32-33 credits for completion. Studio coursework is completed during an 8-day intensive studio on campus per semester.
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university
- Have taken 18 hours of art courses
- Provide an official transcript verifying the degree, grade point average, and date of degree completion
- Have a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale or have a 2.75 GPA for the last 60 hours of graded academic work
- Submit three letters of recommendation from professors, supervisors, or others who can attest to the applicant's academic and professional performance
National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission