Eastern Illinois University offers an online Master of Arts in Art degree featuring an Art Education option. This Master of Arts degree program is a part-time 32-hour program that blends online courses with intensive studio experiences. The online art program is designed to strengthen the development of certified art teachers while allowing them to engage in professional development and graduate studies while continuing to work.
You will meet on campus for eight days during the summer for the studio art components and then can complete coursework online regardless of your proximity to the campus. The curriculum requires a research project that documents a substantial application of art education theory and practice along with such courses as:
- Special Topics in Art History
- Navigating the Virtual Museum
- Current Trends in Art Education
- Creative Utilization of Technology in Education
- Assessment & Curriculum Design in Art Education
- A bachelor’s degree
- Have taken 18 hours of art courses
- Official transcript.
- Have a 2.75 GPA or have a 2.75 GPA for the last 60 hours of graded academic work
- Three letters of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission