The MS in Special Education from Eastern Connecticut State University offers an advanced degree for certified teachers. This online special education program also appeals to school personnel seeking K-12 cross-endorsement.
Driven by a unique community-based learning approach, students learn the integration of theory, practice, and research. The online special education coursework provides flexibility with both synchronous and asynchronous classes. Students complete practica in their local community.
Graduates gain strategies for classroom and behavior management, inclusive education, and assessment-informed instruction. Other outcomes include:
- Enhanced ability to instruct K-12 special needs students
- Knowledge in interagency collaboration and intervention for those with autism and other special education needs
- Application of special education foundational knowledge
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Eastern Connecticut State University is accredited by:
New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Intended for applicants who hold teacher certification or have a relevant educational experience
- Requires a practicum in your community