Are you ready to advance your nursing career and have an interest in working with newborns? This online MSN with a concentration in Neonatal Clinical Nurse Specialist degree can help you meet your goals.
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will be an expert clinician providing both direct patient care and implementing changes that improve the outcomes for neonatal patients in various health care settings. The program prepares RNs to work in all levels of patient care, from wellness to acute care. The curriculum emphasizes the advanced theoretical knowledge and practice skills needed to improve patient care, nursing, and the organizational systems in the neonatal population.
Courses are likely to include:
- Developmental Physiology for Advanced Practice Nurses Across the Lifespan
- Health Assessment for Advanced Nursing Practice Across the Lifespan
- Clinical Pharmacology for Advanced Nursing Practice Across the Lifespan
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
East Carolina University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.7 or above (4.0 scale)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Two years clinical experience in a neonatal unit prior to admission
- Three professional references, including one from a neonatal clinician
- An unencumbered license from North Carolina (or a compact state) to practice as a registered nurse
- Some on campus or other face-to-face attendance may be required.