Master of Science in Nursing
East Carolina University
The online MSN degree program prepares graduates for advanced practice nursing and for leadership roles in a variety of community based or acute care provider agencies. Seven concentrations are available online, so that students may customize their education to suit their interests and career goals:
- Adult Nursing Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult Health
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Leadership
- Nurse Midwifery
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program.
- A minimum GPA of 2.7 in undergraduate studies and a minimum GPA of 3.00 in nursing major.
- Currently non-restricted license to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in North Carolina or a NCSBN-compact state.
- A written statement describing the applicant's interest in graduate study, career goals, and the MSN degree's relations to those goals.
- Three professional references.
- A personal interview with a member of the graduate faculty.
- A course in statistics with a grade of "C" or higher and computer literacy are pre-requisites for all concentrations in nursing.
Not all programs may be approved in every state. Students should check for state authorization prior to enrollment.
East Carolina University is a public research university located in Greenville, North Carolina. Founded in 1907, East Carolina University began as the East Carolina Teachers Training School. Today, ECU is the second largest university in North Carolina.
Students at ECU can earn their degrees in a variety of subject areas. These fields of study include dance education, finance, biochemistry, instructional technology, management and many others. At ECU students can earn degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level in addition to post-secondary certificates.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.