Doctor of Nursing Practice
East Carolina University
The online DNP degree program from East Carolina University focuses on rural, underserved populations, preparing students to lead in today's ever-changing health care ecosystem. Graduates are able to assess and understand published evidence to inform their practice, improve systems of care to influence patient outcomes, and make changes to enhance quality of care.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- An unencumbered license from North Carolina (or a compact state) to practice as a registered nurse
- A MSN, DNP, or PhD
- A GPA of 3.2 or greater on a 4.0 scale
- GRE if GPA is less than 3.4 on a 4.0 scale
- A completed and approved application to the ECU Graduate School, including a completed e-Portfolio
- Though not required, a graduate level inferential statistics course within the past 5 years is strongly recommended
- Online course work with 1-5 on-campus days each semester (September, February and June)
Not all programs may be approved in every state. Students should check for state authorization prior to enrollment.
East Carolina University is a public research university located in Greenville, North Carolina. Founded in 1907, East Carolina University began as the East Carolina Teachers Training School. Today, ECU is the second largest university in North Carolina.
Students at ECU can earn their degrees in a variety of subject areas. These fields of study include dance education, finance, biochemistry, instructional technology, management and many others. At ECU students can earn degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level in addition to post-secondary certificates.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.