East Carolina University offers an online Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management. The program emphasizes learning about information, systems, and operations of businesses and organizations in healthcare. Students will learn skills to become effective leaders in HIM.
This is a bachelors completion program. A total of 126 credits are required, including transfer credits.
- Successfully complete at least 33 hours of the foundations curriculum courses and prerequisite courses prior to entering the program. Majors must earn a minimum grade of C in all core, cognate and foundations curriculum courses.
- A minimum grade of C is required in the following prerequisite courses:
- BIOL 2130, 2131. Survey of Human Physiology and Anatomy and Lab
- BIOS 1500. Introduction to Biostatistics
- HIMA 3000. Medical Terminology for Health Professionals (not required for Allied Health Management concentration)
- HSMA 2000. Professional Roles and Environments in Health Care
- MATH 1065. College Algebra (beginning in 2018, this course must be completed prior to applying to the program)
- MIS 2223. Introduction to Computers
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges