East Carolina University offers an online Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences Education completion program. The curriculum focuses on teaching life skills such as cooking, family finance, interior design, human development, and more. Students are typically pursing a career in teaching these skills to middle and high school students.
This bachelor completion option requires 120 credits for completion, including transfer credits.
- Submission of ALL official transcripts from each college, technical institute, or university attended
- Applicants 21 and older who meet transfer criteria do not need to submit high school transcripts or test scores
- A grade of “C” or better in the Early Experience course (must be taken at ECU)
- Passing scores on the PRAXIS I in reading, writing, and math, or SAT or ACT
- A 2.5 or better GPA
- Documentation of computer competency
- A minimum of grade “C” on all courses required for the major
American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges