The online MSN / Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner degree allows students to advance their careers while ensuring that they are able to provide their patients with the best care possible. With this particular degree the focus is on gaining the knowledge and skills needed to provide advanced acute care to adult patients who are suffering from complex chronic illnesses.
This adult gerontology nurse practitioner degree provides a deeper understanding of chronic and complex health issues so that you are not only able to diagnose and develop treatment plans but also help your patients manage their illness from day-to-day. You will be enhancing your personal experience and knowledge, and you will also learn to collaborate with other health care professionals and caregivers. By the time you complete this program you will be able to:
- Understand the unique developmental life stages that impact patient care
- Perform comprehensive physical, mental, and cognitive assessments
- Interpret diagnostic tests
- Create and implement treatment plans
- Determine the impact that a chronic and/or critical acute illness will have on daily life
Graduates are eligible to take the ACNPC-AG certification examination.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Duquesne University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- This program requires three campus visits.
- Students must have at least one year of full-time work experience as an RN prior to registration in clinical or specialty courses.