The online Certificate in Family NP program prepares advanced practice nurses to function as Family Nurse Practitioners. Among other skills, graduates possess the ability to:
- Demonstrate clinical judgement
- Assume leadership roles in creating a compassionate and caring environment to promote comfort and prevent suffering
- Advocate collaborative and interdisciplinary approaches to the design of comprehensive care to individuals/families, communities, and populations
- Utilize theory, clinical inquiry, and evidence-based nursing practice
- Participate in the design, implementation, and evaluation of health care systems
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Duquesne University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
Program requires two, on-campus visits.
Alabama, Louisiana, New York, Tennessee, Washington, Arizona