Post Master’s Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner
The online Certificate in Family NP program prepares advanced practice nurses to function as Family Nurse Practitioners. Among other skills, graduates possess the ability to:
- Demonstrate clinical judgement
- Assume leadership roles in creating a compassionate and caring environment to promote comfort and prevent suffering
- Advocate collaborative and interdisciplinary approaches to the design of comprehensive care to individuals/families, communities, and populations
- Utilize theory, clinical inquiry, and evidence-based nursing practice
- Participate in the design, implementation, and evaluation of health care systems
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse
- A bachelor of science in nursing degree (preferred)
- A master's of science degree in nursing
- A minimum of 1 year full-time work experience as a registered nurse is required prior to registration in clinical or specialty courses
- Requires two campus visits for all Post-Masters Certificate Family Nurse Practitioner students
Duquesne University is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs and courses from students residing in: Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington and Wisconsin.
Due to higher education regulation changes, Duquesne University is unable to accept applications for admission to online programs and courses from students residing in Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Duquesne University is a private, non-profit, Roman Catholic university and was founded in 1878 by a group of Catholic missionaries also known as the Spiritans. Today Duquesne is an educational and economic powerhouse comprising ten schools of study. Although Duquesne has experienced many changes, its original focus on educational excellence, moral and spiritual values, an ecumenical atmosphere open to diversity and service to the Church, the community, the nation and the world has remained constant. Through these cornerstone vales, Duquesne University strives to provide a well-rounded education that will challenge students academically while nourishing their spiritual and ethical development.
Duquesne strives to produce well rounded graduates and every undergraduate student in every school of study takes a series of core courses that emphasize intellectual and moral development through the study of the liberal arts. This core curriculum is designed to allow students to study a wide variety of subjects and ultimately graduate with the richest possible academic experience. Programs are offered through the ten schools at Duquesne University for degree completion at the baccalaureate, professional, masters and doctoral levels. In order to even further provide a well-rounded education, cross-disciplinary degree programs that integrate courses from more than one school are offered to the students. In addition to traditional in class learning, Duquesne also offers over 20 online programs. Online students take courses with the same objectives, workload and academic credit as on-campus courses. Online degree options include undergraduate degrees, master degrees, post-masters certificates programs and PhD programs in the areas of music, nursing, leadership and professional advancement and education.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.