Drexel University offers an online Post-Master’s Certificate for Nurse Practitioners interested in focusing on Pediatric Primary Care. Graduates will be prepared to meet the physiological and social needs of patients from infancy through adolescence.
The online Nurse Practitioner degree program builds on students’ previous experience with courses that emphasize evidence-based practice, interdisciplinary collaboration, and use of technology. Online students have the ability to coordinate a clinical site and preceptor within their local area. Graduates are eligible for Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certification through ANCC or PNCB.
Some of the topics covered in this program include:
- Pharmacology for the pediatric nurse practitioner
- Management and care of adolescents in the primary care setting
- Primary care of children with special health care needs
- Primary care of infants, children, and adolescents
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Drexel University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Two on-campus intensives required: one 1-day summer experience, and one 5-day fall experience
- Master of Science in Nursing or Doctorate of Nursing Practice degree required from an accredited program
- Pediatrics experience is not required for admission, however one year of experience is required prior to starting clinicals.
- Current, unrestricted US RN license required
Alabama, Colorado, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming