The MSN in Public Health Nursing prepares nurses to become advocates for resources and policies to improve the health of all populations. Students gain a foundation in public health knowledge along with advanced nursing education.
Nurses learn how to utilize multiple technologies to organize health data related to patient, family, and community healthcare. Coursework examines ways to create culturally sensitive health promotion activities to benefit community health and wellness. A capstone project allows students to apply their knowledge and skills to a real-world public health issue.
Graduates of this online MSN program can pursue positions such as:
- Public health information officer
- Health and wellness director
- Public health educator
- Research science officer
- Public health advisor
- Health program coordinator
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants should have a BSN from an accredited program. Applicants with a non-nursing bachelor's degree can apply to a bridge program.
- Applicants with a GPA lower than 3.0 can apply with relevant professional experience and professional letters of recommendation.
- A current, unrestricted US RN license is required.