Drexel’s MSN in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program prepares nurses to be able to meet the growing demand for adult geriatric NPs. Graduates will be equipped to handle health promotion and disease management needs of the aging population.
This online adult nurse practitioner program includes components of didactic lectures, problem-based learning, clinical practice hours, standardized patient experiences, and high-fidelity simulation. A clinical site and preceptor can be arranged in the student’s own community. Supervised clinical hours allow students to perform advanced physical assessment, critical thinking, diagnostic reasoning, and management of care.
Coursework covers topics such as:
- Quality and safety in healthcare
- Evaluation and translation of health research
- Confronting issues in contemporary healthcare environments
- Professional issues for nurse practitioners
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Drexel University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- BSN from accredited nursing program required
- One year of adult nursing experience preferred
- Current, unrestricted US RN license required
- Requires two 2-day on-campus intensives, one in summer and one in winter.
Alabama, Colorado, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming