The online AAS in Funeral Services degree program from Des Moines Area Community College prepares students to work within the funeral service profession. The curriculum is designed to:
- Enhance the background and knowledge of students about the funeral service profession
- Educate students in every phase of funeral service and help them develop the proficiency and skills necessary in the profession
- Educate students concerning the responsibilities of the funeral service profession to the community at large
- Emphasize high standards of ethical conduct
- Provide postsecondary instruction
- Encourage research in the field of funeral service
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Des Moines Area Community College is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s)
- Applicants will complete a conference with the Program Chairperson in person or via phone or video conferencing for the purpose of confirming the state in which licensure is sought and any additional requirements of that state.
- Students are required to complete two on campus residency requirements for a period of 2-5 days each in Ankeny, Iowa.