Master of Science in Nursing
Delta State University offers a MSN degree for nurses who hold a RN license and/or BSN degree and are interested in expanding their credentials and career opportunities in nursing. Students in the program will study advanced topics in nursing that emphasize specialized roles and medical care for nurses with the necessary experience to develop the knowledge and techniques to utilize them. Students may choose one of the following concentrations on which to focus their studies:
- Nurse Administrator
- Nurse Educator
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester
In State Rate:$3,369.50
Out of State Rate:$3,369.50
Additional Fees :$240.00
Fees Overview :
- Campus Improvement Fee (per semester): $60
- 44-49 credits required
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$13,718.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$13,718.00
Required Admission Tests:GRE
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing with a minimum GPA of 3.00 overall.
- A combined verbal and quantitative score ≥800 (≥280 on new test) analytic score of ≥3.5 on the GRE.
- At least one year of continuous clinical nursing experience as a RN for Nurse Administrator and Nurse Educator.
- At least one year of continuous clinical nursing experience with patient contact as a RN within the past three years for Nurse Practitioner.
- A resume.
- A copy of a current unencumbered RN license to practice in the state in which the student will perform clinical.
- Three current letters of professional/academic reference.
- A grade of “C” or better on a graduate level pathophysiology course (applies only to nurse practitioner and educator tracks).
- Writing sample may be required during interview.
- A grade of “C” or better on an introductory course in statistics.
- Online courses combined with strategically scheduled campus seminars.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.