Master of Science in Nursing
Delta State University
Delta State University offers a MSN degree for nurses who hold a RN license and/or BSN degree and are interested in expanding their credentials and career opportunities in nursing. Students in the program will study advanced topics in nursing that emphasize specialized roles and medical care for nurses with the necessary experience to develop the knowledge and techniques to utilize them. Students may choose one of the following concentrations on which to focus their studies:
- Nurse Administrator
- Nurse Educator
- Family Nurse Practitioner
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing with a minimum GPA of 3.00 overall.
- A combined verbal and quantitative score ≥800 (≥280 on new test) analytic score of ≥3.5 on the GRE.
- At least one year of continuous clinical nursing experience as a RN for Nurse Administrator and Nurse Educator.
- At least one year of continuous clinical nursing experience with patient contact as a RN within the past three years for Nurse Practitioner.
- A resume.
- A copy of a current unencumbered RN license to practice in the state in which the student will perform clinical.
- Three current letters of professional/academic reference.
- A grade of “C” or better on a graduate level pathophysiology course (applies only to nurse practitioner and educator tracks).
- Writing sample may be required during interview.
- A grade of “C” or better on an introductory course in statistics.
- Online courses combined with strategically scheduled campus seminars.
Delta State University is a public institution providing a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate curriculum to students representing all of the states and more than 20 countries. Dozens of degree programs on the undergraduate level provide educational opportunities in the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, and Education and in the Robert E. Smith School of Nursing. Graduate programs on the master’s, educational specialist, and doctoral levels provide advanced training in a broad range of disciplines.
Acknowledging its beginnings as a teacher’s college, the University sustains excellence in teacher education while continuing to expand offerings in traditional as well as unique programs of study.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.