Doctor of Nursing Practice
Delta State University
The online DNP degree program allows registered nurses at the associate, baccalaureate, and master’s level to advance their education by earning the degree and seeking eligibility, if needed, to take the Family Nurse Practitioner certification exam. Graduates are prepared to assume leadership roles in a variety of advanced positions in the nursing field.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Master of Science degree in Nursing with a minimum GPA of 3.2
- A grade of “C” or better on an introductory course in statistics
- Three current (< 1 year) letters of professional/academic reference
- A copy of a current unencumbered RN license to practice in the state in which the student will perform clinical
- A copy of current national family practitioner certification (ANCC & AANP) [FNP only]
- A combined verbal and quantitative score ≥ 800 (≥ 280 on new test) and analytic score of ≥ 3.5 on the GRE
- At least one year of continuous clinical nursing experience with patient contact as an RN or advanced practice nurse within the past three years
- A resume
- Completion of an interview
- Writing sample may be required during interview
- A grade of “C” or better on a graduate level pathophysiology course prior to enrolling in all other graduate level courses
- One to three on-campus visits per semester required
Delta State University is a public institution providing a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate curriculum to students representing all of the states and more than 20 countries. Dozens of degree programs on the undergraduate level provide educational opportunities in the Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, and Education and in the Robert E. Smith School of Nursing. Graduate programs on the master’s, educational specialist, and doctoral levels provide advanced training in a broad range of disciplines.
Acknowledging its beginnings as a teacher’s college, the University sustains excellence in teacher education while continuing to expand offerings in traditional as well as unique programs of study.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.