The job demand in healthcare continues to grow and medical assisting can provide key skills for entry level careers. Dawn Career Institute’s Medical Assistant diploma online offers both clinical and clerical training.
With clinical skills you can:
- Take medical histories, record vital signs and prep patients for exams
- Perform lab work and administer medications
- Prep for x-rays
- Gain knowledge in phelbotomy and electrocardiography
Clerical skills include:
- Maintenance of patient records
- Management of billing and insurance forms
- Office correspondence and patient scheduling
- Purchase of supplies and equipment
This program combines campus training with an externship at a medical facility, where you can gain on-the-job skills. You will also have the opportunity to prep for the Certified Phlebotomy Technician and Certified EKG Technician exams. Certification in OSHA – Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens is also available.
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Dawn Career Institute is accredited by:
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- This program requires 60 hours on-campus training.