The online Master of Arts in Teaching program enhances the professional development of teachers who are committed to excellence in the classroom and who are interested in furthering their educations. The curriculum focuses on developing teachers who will be skilled in leadership, curriculum design, and advanced instructional strategies, providing effective techniques for teaching. The goal of the program is to equip educators to become servant leaders within the school setting.
This degree program requires 30-36 credits for completion.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended as an undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or graduate student
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members
- A statement of purpose outlining reasons for seeking admission, answering each question with approximately 150 words, as this is considered a writing sample
- A current professional résumé
- Continuance in the program past the first 12 hours is pending submission of a satisfactory score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges