The online Master of Education in Educational Leadership program is ideal for educators who are looking to enhance their leadership skills within the school system. The curriculum prepares students to provide leadership in charter school settings both at the campus and district levels. Courses include Principal Standards and Competencies, School Law, and Supervision of Instruction.
The candidate’s formal defense will be presented to members of the Educator Preparation Board and will take place on the main campus each semester.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended as an undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or graduate student
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members
- A statement of purpose outlining reasons for seeking admission, answering each question with approximately 150 words, as this is considered a writing sample
- A current professional résumé
- Continuance in the program past the first 12 hours is pending submission of a satisfactory score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
- At least two years of credible teaching experience in a K-12 public or private school by the time the candidate has completed the necessary coursework and is ready to take the appropriate certification examinations
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges