The online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction is designed for educators who wish to stay connected to teaching while working with other teachers, allowing them to further their educations and opportunities by becoming instructional leaders. Specialized degree options are available, including: Curriculum and Instruction Specialist, Christian School Administration, Distance Learning Education, English as a Second Language, Instructional Technology, Professional Life Coaching, Special Education, and Supervision. Graduates find careers as teacher leaders, grade level and/or department chairs, content specialists, curriculum specialists, and/or instructional leaders.
The candidate’s formal defense will be presented to members of the Educator Preparation Board and will take place on the main campus each semester.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended as an undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or graduate student
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members
- A statement of purpose outlining reasons for seeking admission, answering each question with approximately 150 words, as this is considered a writing sample
- A current professional résumé
- Continuance in the program past the first 12 hours is pending submission of a satisfactory score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges