Bachelor of Business Administration / Management Information Systems
Dallas Baptist University's Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems Degree is available for students to complete online. The program is designed to help students obtain the knowledge and skills necessary for obtaining a career in the Management Information System field.
Management Information Systems careers are expected to continue to expand and grow in the coming years. A management information system encompasses when a modern computerized system gathers data from an organization. The data is processed and stored in a database where it is continuously updated and readily available to those who need access to it. The stored data will help the organization make decisions. These decision are made in an organized approach from studying the data, then applying what is found in a tactical manor to help improve procedures and processes. Organizations or businesses always want to strive to produce as much as they can in a consistent, accurate, timely, and cost efficient manor. Some job titles that graduates could potentially see themselves employed in are as follows:
- Analyst/Project Manager - A common path for the MIS professional and most entry level jobs for MIS majors fall into this category.
- Database Technologies - Central to almost every technology application is a database where the transaction and data reside. The typical technology role here is the "database administrator."
- IT Infrastructure -- The role of computer hardware, networking, security and communications technologies. This area continues to grow and expand offering new job opportunities for MIS professionals, as the existing technologies mature and new technology is being used.
- IT Consulting -- In addition to roles in traditional corporate MIS environments, consulting firms provide another employment avenue for our graduates.
- IT Audit and Compliance -- The emergence of IT Auditing and compliance. These new roles result from the legal requirements.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$0.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Military:$0.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.