Master of Arts in Education
Dakota Wesleyan University offers a Master of Arts in Education for students that wish to complete the program within two years while they continue to work. The courses that are in the program are offered at convenient times in the evenings, weekends and online. This program at Dakota Wesleyan University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and affirmed by the South Dakota Department of Education.
Students admission to the Master of Arts in Education will require several steps which include but are not limited to the following:
- Complete an admission application and submit with the appropriate fee.
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university attended.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from individuals that will confirm the students character and ability to complete the required work.
Students must also submit a resume accompanied with a person statement of purpose and philosophy that address these questions:
- Why are you pursuing this degree?
- How does this match your career goals?
- What attracted you to this particular program?
The Master of Arts in Education is compiled of 36 credit hours and a capstone. In addition, students are also offered four different areas of concentration: Curriculum and Instruction, Pre K-12 Principal Certification and Degree, Secondary Certification and Degree, and Educational Policy and Administration. Throughout the course of the program students will have one-on-one interaction with the faculty.
Students can find a very rewarding career in education. Graduates will go on to find themselves with jobs in the education field such as Educational Administrators, Teachers, School Marketers, and Librarians.
Tuition Basis :hours and a capstone
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.