Business Management - A.S. Degree
Dakota County Technical College
Dakota County Technical College offers their Associates Degree in Business Management that can be completed completely online. The complete course consists of 60 credit hours that will cover core business courses with an emphasis on business management. Graduates will have obtained the necessary skills and knowledge that they can apply in the highly competitive and constantly changing business world.
Graduates from the program could possibly expect to be looking at job titles similar to these: Small Business Managers, Office Managers, Non-profit Directors, Front Line Supervisors or Project Managers.
Business Managers must be able to function and multi-task on a daily basis in these areas: planning, organizing, staffing, leading/directing, monitoring and motivation. All of these areas will overlap one another and come together for the business manager to have a successful career in business management.
- Planning: The manager needs to be able to foresee what will happen in the future thus preparing plans for what needs to be happening now. Depending on the type of business the future may be short term such as tomorrow or next week, or long term such as in a year or the next five years.
- Organizing: Once a plan has been established organization will begin taking place and need to remain in effect to stay productive and efficient. This may include general items such as office supplies up to as complex as an entire project with staffing, meetings and deadlines that must be met.
- Staffing, leading and directing: The role in management will also mean the graduates may be leading and or directing at some point. Here is where decisions will be made based on the individual situation that arises. Hiring more staff, getting the proper training for staff and even relocating staff are all decisions that the manager will face. Once the decisions are made they need to be executed in a well organized directed manner so that employees can carry out the decisions that have been made.
- Monitoring the progress that has been made and accomplished will be the key in seeing if the decisions made earlier in the process made this project a success.
- Motivation, sometimes thought to be a basic function of management, plays a huge role in the workforce. Without a driving motivation employees cannot work efficiently and effectively.
Students graduating with the Business Management Associate Degree will have obtained the necessary skills and knowledge that are required to obtain an entry-level positions in the workforce.
Degree Level: Associate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Dakota County Technical College (DCTC) is a public, two-year technical school located in Rosemount, Minnesota, just inside the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. The school dates back to 1969. At the time, 50 students were enrolled to study one of the three majors offered at the time—Architectural Drafting, Auto Mechanic and Secretarial Training. Today, a dedicated staff provides associate's degree, certificate, and diploma Programs.
The school has freshman and sophomore level courses spanning a wide variety of topics that are part of the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum. Dakota County Technical College offers several programs and courses online. Online learning is designed for students who need a convenient schedule and flexibility. Online credit courses follow the traditional semester schedule and offer the same coursework as an on-campus course, but provide flexibility for completing the work via the Internet.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.