Doctor of Pharmacy
This innovative Pharm.D. program reflects the changes in the practice of pharmacy regarding medication therapy management and patient-centered care. Pharmacists are essential members of the healthcare team who provide clinical services for the purpose of achieving definitive outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life. Today’s pharmacy education focuses on:
- Patient data collection
- Medication therapy assessment and delivery
- Pharmacy care plan
- Patient counseling
- Patient monitoring and compliance
- Patient outcomes evaluation and documentation
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
- A minimum of 63 semester hours or 95 quarter hours is required before entering the program.
- An official transcript must be received from each institution the applicant has attended and/or is currently attending. Official transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution(s). All fall/winter term 2016 transcripts should be directed to PharmCAS. All spring/summer 2017 term transcripts should be directed to the School’s Office of Admission.
- Two letters of recommendation submitted through PharmCAS. We prefer that one letter come from a college professor who can attest to your ability to enter a competitive professional program. If you have been out of school for some time, letters from a work setting can be helpful. Do not submit letters from family members or friends.
- Official Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) scores. PCAT waivers will be granted to any applicant who has earned a 3.25 GPA or higher in all required prerequisite math/science coursework, and has taken all required prerequisite math/science coursework within the last 7 years. Creighton Undergraduate applicants who have earned a 2.9 GPA or higher in all prerequisite math/science coursework, and have taken these courses only at Creighton within the last 7 years also qualify for the PCAT waiver.
Creighton University, located in Omaha, Nebraska, offers a top-ranked education in the Jesuit tradition for people who want to contribute something meaningful to the world. It's where students, faculty and staff thrive in a supportive community committed to Jesuit, Catholic values and traditions. And, it's where students learn to become leaders through service to others.
Founded in 1878, Creighton is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the U.S. Our more than 8,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students come to Creighton each year to find their place in the world through lives of leadership and service.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.