Doctor of Education in Interdisciplinary Leadership
Real leaders identify and implement real changes that benefit our society as a whole. Creighton University's online Doctor of Education (Ed.D) in Interdisciplinary Leadership is an applied degree that builds on the university's Jesuit foundations of self-knowledge, social justice, and service to others to create visionary, committed leaders who can help organizations meet the challenges of the future and work toward the common good. Taught by Creighton faculty from the arts and sciences, business, pharmacy and health professions, medicine, and law, the online Doctor of Education in Leadership offers an exceptional interdisciplinary view of leadership that is applicable across a range of industries, especially Business, Education, and Health Care. The online Doctor of Education in Leadership from Creighton University incorporates the most current concepts and theories of leadership and offers the opportunity to use your workplace as a laboratory to watch those theories in action. You'll learn to use self-reflection as a tool for growth and develop a framework for leadership grounded in faith, justice, and ethics. These outcomes are particularly applicable to business, education, and health care but can be applied across a range of industries. As educational requirements increase and competition for jobs and advancement heats up, a Doctor of Education will help show your commitment and dedication to becoming an ethical and effective leader in a constantly changing world.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
- An official transcript of all college work attempted and completed, sent directly from each institution attended. Photocopies from students are not acceptable.
- A copy of your resumé that includes leadership experience and personal statement of goals related to leadership.
- An essay describing your leadership experience and goals related to leadership.
- Two samples of writing and/or research. Ideal samples include papers you have done for classes in your master's program, such as a thesis or field project, or reports or documents done in conjunction with your employment.
- Three or more letter of recommendation forms from individuals familiar with your ability to perform in an academic and/or professional setting.
- All foreign applicants are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and have the scores sent to Creighton unless they can demonstrate proficiency in English in some other way. A minimum score of 550 (paper-based test) or 80 (internet-based test) is required.
There are two required residencies that take place on the Creighton University campus in Omaha, Nebraska. The first residency serves as a four-day orientation where students will meet their classmates and faculty, while the second concludes the program with the degree candidate’s dissertation defense.
Creighton University, located in Omaha, Nebraska, offers a top-ranked education in the Jesuit tradition for people who want to contribute something meaningful to the world. It's where students, faculty and staff thrive in a supportive community committed to Jesuit, Catholic values and traditions. And, it's where students learn to become leaders through service to others.
Founded in 1878, Creighton is one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the U.S. Our more than 8,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students come to Creighton each year to find their place in the world through lives of leadership and service.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.