The online Master of Arts in English as a Second Language (ESL) is designed for certified educators who wish to become accomplished ESL/ESOL teachers. The curriculum provides students with research-proven theory and instructional practice in meeting the needs of linguistically and culturally diverse student populations from a variety of backgrounds at varying levels, ages, and competencies in the first language. Graduates are prepared to teach in settings including PK-12 schools, community organizations, college/university settings, and more. Students may complete five extra courses adding an endorsement in TESOL.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcript from each institution through which a degree was earned
- Two letters of recommendation
- Objective statement of goals
- Intended for licensed teachers
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission