The online Accounting Paraprofessional Proficiency Certificate program from the Community College of Philadelphia is designed for individuals interested in pursuing careers as accounting paraprofessionals in business, government, and non-profit organizations. Upon completion of this program, students are able to:
- Explain the contents of financial statements prepared according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Analyze and record transactions and complete the accounting cycle using computerized general ledger software
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain an entry-level position as an accounting clerk or tax preparer
- Effectively communicate with users of financial information orally and in writing
- SAT/ACT scores, AP English & Calculus scores, official transcripts, or a placement test taken at the college's main campus.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education