The online AAS in Accounting degree program from the Community College of Philadelphia provides students with the knowledge and skills required to:
- Prepare financial statements and journal entries accoring to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and complete the accounting cycle using computerized general ledger software
- Demonstrate an understanding of managerial and cost accounting concepts
- Analyze and interpret financial statements for economic decision-making
- Effectively communicate with users of financial information orally and in writing
Graduates are prepared to pursue careers in both industry and government, including positions such as junior accountant, accounting trainee, accounts receivable or accounts payable technician, or tax examiner.
This degree program requires 62-65 credits for completion.
- SAT/ACT scores, AP English & Calculus scores, official transcripts, or a placement test taken at the college's main campus.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education