The Master of Science in Criminal Justice (MSCJ) is designed for criminal justice professionals seeking to advance their careers in law enforcement, corrections, court systems and academia. The curriculum serves as strong preparation for students interested in leadership and teaching roles in criminal justice.
This program is designed specifically to develop the knowledge base and skills essential to those who will become the leaders in policy development, planning and decision making in the criminal justice system. The Master of Science in Criminal Justice reflects the balance needed for leadership, along with the information base necessary to enhance responsible policy-making.
The MSCJ program prepares the student to:
- work in a leadership role in a criminal justice environment
- possess the knowledge and skills to secure a leadership position in the criminal justice field
- demonstrate and support the professional and ethical standards expected of criminal justice professionals
- possess the knowledge and skills to fulfill the policymaking responsibilities of a leader in a criminal justice related field
- Baccalaureate degree
- Official transcripts
- 2.0 minimum GPA
- Interview with admissions advisor
- TOEFL, if applicable
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission