Building on the Master of Science in Computer Science program core, the Software Engineering courses strive to provide the foundation and focused knowledge for those interested in the software engineering field. The continued explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies into existing ones.
The Software Engineering concentration is designed to provide the opportunity to attain education competencies in the organization and control of software development and the use of industry-recognized software engineering techniques to successfully deliver software systems requiring a multi-person effort.
Students can expect the following outcomes with this concentration:
- Perform at the project lead level concerning software systems
- Formulate an approach for the organization and control of software development efforts
- Compose state-of-the-practice software engineering techniques requiring a multi-person effort
- Analyze the effective use of project management tools to provide for resource optimization to meet product delivery challenges
- Evaluate the software process improvement, quality assurance and risk management practices throughout the software development process
- Baccalaureate degree
- Official transcripts
- 2.0 minimum GPA
- Interview with admissions advisor
- TOEFL, if applicable
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission