Colorado Technical University
Master of Science in Computer Science / Software Engineering
Building on the Master of Science in Computer Science program core, the Software Engineering courses strive to provide the foundation and focused knowledge for those interested in the software engineering field. The continued explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies into existing ones.
The Software Engineering concentration is designed to provide the opportunity to attain education competencies in the organization and control of software development and the use of industry-recognized software engineering techniques to successfully deliver software systems requiring a multi-person effort.
Students can expect the following outcomes with this concentration:
- Perform at the project lead level concerning software systems
- Formulate an approach for the organization and control of software development efforts
- Compose state-of-the-practice software engineering techniques requiring a multi-person effort
- Analyze the effective use of project management tools to provide for resource optimization to meet product delivery challenges
- Evaluate the software process improvement, quality assurance and risk management practices throughout the software development process
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$585.00
Out of State Rate:$585.00
Additional Fees :$950.00
Fees Overview :
- Technology Fee (per term): $125
- Graduation Fee (one-time): $200
- Fees are not applicable for military.
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$29,030.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$29,030.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Military:$22,080.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Baccalaureate degree earned with a CGPA of 2.0 or higher. Transcripts. A solid foundation in mathematics, computer science, and the student’s concentration area is required. Students must have an intermediate level of ability to program in a current object-oriented programming language such as C++ or Java. Interview. Resume. Entrance essay.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Not authorized for residents of MA, NJ, and NY.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.