Master of Science in Computer Science / Database Systems
Building on the Master of Science in Computer Science program core, the Database Systems courses provide the foundation and focused knowledge for those interested in the database systems field. Successful organizations recognize the importance of high-performance database management systems. The effective operation of these data resources offers strategic advantages in the competitive marketplace.
Specialized skills are required to design, configure, and manage these data warehouses. The Database Systems concentration provides the opportunity to attain education competencies necessary to effectively analyze, design, implement and optimize complex data repositories and to transform data into powerful information systems for business.
Students can expect the following outcomes with this concentration:
- Analyze and compare database models, database languages, and database management systems
- Design and implement databases and data warehouses to support an organization’s information needs
- Evaluate, monitor, manage resources of database systems with respect to availability, reliability, integrity, performance, and security
- Assess design, implementation, use, and performance of distributed database systems
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$585.00
Out of State Rate:$585.00
Additional Fees :$950.00
Fees Overview :
- Technology Fee (per term): $125
- Graduation Fee (one-time): $200
- Fees are not applicable for military.
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$29,030.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$29,030.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Military:$22,080.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Baccalaureate degree earned with a CGPA of 2.0 or higher. Transcripts. A solid foundation in mathematics, computer science, and the student’s concentration area is required. Students must have an intermediate level of ability to program in a current object-oriented programming language such as C++ or Java. Interview. Resume. Entrance essay.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Not authorized for residents of MA, NJ, and NY.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.