In today’s data-driven world, the ability to analyze huge amounts of data is vital. This has created a new area of expertise and specialization for data scientists with advanced skills to propose solutions to issues related to big data analytics. The Doctor of Computer Science – Big Data Analytics at Colorado Technical University is designed to help develop leaders, data analysts, and data scientists in the use of tools and techniques to analyze distributed, unstructured data. This program builds on the foundations of a master’s degree and helps graduates prepare to become consultants, academics, or professionals and thought leaders in the field, as well as becoming scholars who are able to contribute to the body of knowledge.
Doctoral students are required to attend a two-and-a-half day residential symposium a minimum of four times during their enrollment in the program.
- Interview with an admissions advisor
- Complete the admissions application
- Submit official transcript(s) from your Master’s program(s)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit your résumé with 5+ years of experience and education history
- Submit a brief essay (1800-3000 words)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission