The Certificate in Animal Science program offers foundation courses across many facets of animal science, serving as a basis for further study in one of the disciplines or in a particular animal species. Curriculum topics include nutrition, breeding and genetics, meat science, animal physiology, growth and development, and animal production and management.
This program is offered through the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA); regionally accredited schools working in partnership to provide students with online opportunities. Students apply at their school of choice.
Participating schools include:
- Clemson University
- North Carolina State University at Raleigh
- North Dakota State University
- Oklahoma State University
- South Dakota State University
- University of Georgia
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Students will need to choose and apply at a single home university. Requirements may vary.