Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner
The online MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program from Clayton State University is designed to prepare professional registered nurses for APN roles as culturally competent primary providers of clients, families, and communities. Course and clinical work emphasizes the care of adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients and their famillies. Graduates of the program possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Provide primary care in health clinics, medical offices, and managed care settings
- Choose specialty settings such as urgent care, occupational health, women's health, and acute care
- Serve in other areas such as clinical research, education, and public health
- Start one's own private practice in collaboration with a physician
- Serve in government agencies
- Teach or practice at institutions of higher learning
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$385.00
Out of State Rate:$385.00
Additional Fees :$1,228.00
Fees Overview :
- Technology Fee (per semester): $57
- Institutional Fee (per semester): $250
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$19,323.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$19,323.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Official copy of transcripts
- Have at least an undergraduate GPA of 3.2
- Have at least 3 years of clinical experience in an acute care setting
- Have a current CCRN (Critical Care) or Medical-Surgical Certifications; national certification in any specialty area will be considered
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A statement of purpose
- An interview on campus may be required.
- Clinical Experience: 1-2 years of clinical nursing experience is preferred.
- Licensure and Certification: Proof of current unrestricted Georgia RN license or eligibility for Georgia RN licensure is required for admission. Proof of licensure, regardless of state, is required prior to the end of the first semester.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.