Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner
Clayton State University
The online MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program from Clayton State University is designed to prepare professional registered nurses for APN roles as culturally competent primary providers of clients, families, and communities. Course and clinical work emphasizes the care of adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients and their famillies. Graduates of the program possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Provide primary care in health clinics, medical offices, and managed care settings
- Choose specialty settings such as urgent care, occupational health, women's health, and acute care
- Serve in other areas such as clinical research, education, and public health
- Start one's own private practice in collaboration with a physician
- Serve in government agencies
- Teach or practice at institutions of higher learning
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Official copy of transcripts
- Have at least an undergraduate GPA of 3.2
- Have at least 3 years of clinical experience in an acute care setting
- Have a current CCRN (Critical Care) or Medical-Surgical Certifications; national certification in any specialty area will be considered
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A statement of purpose
- An interview on campus may be required.
- Clinical Experience: 1-2 years of clinical nursing experience is preferred.
- Licensure and Certification: Proof of current unrestricted Georgia RN license or eligibility for Georgia RN licensure is required for admission. Proof of licensure, regardless of state, is required prior to the end of the first semester.
Clayton State University is a public, four-year institution of higher education, located in the city of Morrow, Georgia. CSU was founded in 1969 as Clayton Junior College.
Clayton State University offers certificates, associate’s degrees, bachelor’s degrees, and master’s degrees. Continuing education courses are also available to community members as professional development and personal enrichment courses. Distance learning allows students to earn a degree from anywhere in the world. Students can earn seven bachelors and graduate degrees completely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.