Registered Nurses interested in becoming advanced practice providers can pursue the streamlined RN to MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner program from Clarkson College. This online program prepares students to provide healthcare services and promote health and wellbeing of individuals and families in primary care settings.
Designed for working nurses, this online RN to MSN program requires only limited campus visits for hands-on competency checks. Coursework aligns with the core competencies outlined by the Institute of Medicine, ensuring well-educated and highly skilled graduates.
The online FNP program takes an in-depth look at:
- Adult-gerontologic healthcare
- Psychiatric-mental health foundations
- Primary care of children and adolescents
- Primary care of women
- Advanced nutrition
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Clarkson College is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Program will require some on campus visits
- Applicants must have the equivalent to one year of professional nursing work experience prior to enrollment in any MSN option course, two years for NP option course. However, core courses may be taken while obtaining experience.
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin, US Territories