Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The online DNP degree program prepares nurses for clinical and executive leadership roles in the promotion and use of evidence-based practice in health care delivery systems. Coursework covers topics in contemporary nursing, ethics and public policy, quality improvement initiatives, scholarship and grant writing, and more.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Official Academic Transcripts verifying completion of MSN and BSN
- Additional transcripts may be required to prove completion of an advanced practice nursing program or for financial aid purposes
- Applicant must have completed Master of Science in Nursing degree - cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or greater
- Copy of Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of current RN license
- Two letters of professional recommendation addressing the candidate's strengths, and ability to succeed in the program
- Admissions essay
- Documentation of Clinical Experience
- The program includes a mandatory on-campus residency and culminates in an evidence- based practice clinical immersion capstone experience
Chatham University was established in 1869 as the Pennsylvania Female College, as a means to provide women with a comparable education to that of men during the nineteenth century. Today, the university is fully coeducational, and is a private not-for-profit, four-year higher education institution, located in the Shadyside neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The university’s mission states: “Chatham University prepares women and men to be world ready: to build lives of purpose and value and fulfilling work.”
Chatham University offers undergraduate degree majors, master’s degree programs, and doctoral degree programs. Accelerated graduate programs allow students to complete a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in as little as five years by supplementing undergraduate courses with graduate level coursework during the student’s senior year. Through Chatham University’s College for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS), students can enroll in online bachelor’s and master’s degree programs, in addition to certificate programs, and non-credit academic programs. Distance education programs in the fields of nursing, health sciences, business and communication, education, and creative and design arts are available to working professionals and students needing flexibility.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.