The Nursing program at Charleston Southern University combines nursing knowledge with Christian practices to produce caring and well-rounded nursing leaders. The Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing Education prepares MSN graduates to become educators for the next generation of nursing students. Students can choose either a practicum or non-practicum option for this online Nurse Educator program.
The coursework includes studies of:
- Nursing curriculum design
- Teaching methodologies in nursing
- Evaluation in nursing education
- Quality and safety in nursing education
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, MAT
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- An active, unrestricted nursing license is required.
- Two on-campus events are required: Orientation Residency Day once per year in August, and a finals presentation and Pinning Residency Day in December for graduating students.