The Master of Science in Nursing from Charleston Southern University combines nursing knowledge with Christian practices to produce caring and well-rounded nursing leaders. The Nursing Education concentration prepares students to serve in faculty and nurse educator roles in healthcare settings.
Students learn how to develop and evaluate curriculum. Innovative teaching strategies are taught using multiple learning formats. Coursework emphasizes the spiritual, ethical, and moral aspects of the art of nursing.
Some of the course topics included in this master’s in Nursing Education online are:
- Healthcare informatics
- Teaching methodologies in nursing
- Evaluation in nursing education
- Quality and safety in nursing
- Leadership and professional role development
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, MAT
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- An active, unrestricted nursing license is required.
- Two on-campus events are required: Orientation Residency Day once per year in August, and a finals presentation and Pinning Residency Day in December for graduating students.