The Social Services major offered by Central Washington University is designed for students who want to work in the human services industry. Coursework gives students an introduction to critical issues within the Social Services field. In-person fieldwork allows students to practice at agencies within their own community.
Students will learn about social justice, human rights, collective responsibility, and respect for diversity. Graduates of this online Human Services degree can expect to work in nonprofit and governmental organizations and agencies to help people in need.
Social Services encompasses a wide range of organizations such as:
- Job placement and vocational services
- Food banks and food delivery programs
- Senior housing facilities
- Homeless shelters and transitional housing
- Abuse prevention programs and women’s shelters
- Prisoner rehabilitation programs
- Social programs for children, teens, and seniors
- Foster care and adoption agencies
- High school diploma or GED
- Official transcripts
- SAT/ACT or Compass scores
School Accreditation Statement
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities