Graduates with an existing BSW degree from an accredited school can apply for the Advanced Standing program for this online MSW. Advanced Standing students can use their BSW credits towards the foundation year curriculum and start with the advanced year clinical curriculum.
Clinical social workers look after the physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being of individuals, families, and groups in their community. Licensed social workers are able to treat and prevent a wide range of behavioral and mental disorders in people across the spectrum of social, financial, and ethnic groups.
Classes cover a wide variety of topics including:
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illness
- Cognitive-behavioral and psychodynamic theories
- Clinical social work with adults, children, and families
- Must have completed a BSW degree from a CSWE-accredited program
- A GPA of 3.5 in all undergraduate social work courses
- A GPA of 3.2 in all courses applied towards the BSW
- Completion of all undergraduate generalist practicum comparable to the NCSSS foundation practicum, including 480 hours of field education
- Three reference letters
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education