Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
Catholic University of America
Nursing needs researchers to advance the boundaries of nursing science in today's complex, collaborative, and technology-rich health care field. The Catholic University of America's online Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Nursing gives you the research skills to create, implement, and evaluate strategies to achieve optimal care for all. Graduates will gain the skills necessary to advance the body of nursing knowledge and improve health care as nurse scientists and nurse scholars.
This research-intensive program focuses on the clinical aspects of nursing to develop the next generation of nurse researchers. The PhD coursework focuses on live situations and clinical practice, emphasizing the skills needed to function at the highest levels of nursing research.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- A completed graduate nursing application.
- Curriculum vitae or resume.
- Transcripts of undergraduate and graduate study that provide evidence of academic ability to complete the program and do original research. A GPA of 3.2 or higher is desired.
- Three letters of reference (at least one from a former dean, former faculty member or academic adviser and at least one from a current or former supervisor preferably in a clinical practice/research/academic setting).
- A written statement of career goals and proposed area of research.
- A copy of a recent scholarly paper, research report or publication related to clinical nursing
- International applicants should attach copies of all grade reports, certificates, and transcripts at the time of application in both the original language and in English translation. English proficiency and proof of funding documents must be presented to the Office of Graduate Admissions either by postal mail or in person. These documents will not be accepted through the online application.
- International students must meet all University requirements, including TOEFL scores to be considered.
Most states require the University to seek specific authorization before offering online programs to students in that state. Applications are pending in some states, so please check back on a regular basis if you live in a state where applications are not currently being accepted.
The Catholic University of America is unique as the national university of the Catholic Church and as the only higher education institution founded by the U.S. bishops. Established in 1887 as a papally chartered graduate and research center, the University began offering undergraduate education in 1904.
At The Catholic University of America, one of America’s oldest and strongest major research universities, the search for truth ranges across 12 schools, 120 disciplines, and every continent. CUA offers doctoral, graduate, undergraduate, adult, online, and pre-college programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.