Doctor of Nursing Practice
Catholic University of America
Help put better patient care into practice with the online Doctor of Nursing Practice program from The Catholic University of America. Advanced practice nurse leaders are needed from the patient room to the boardroom. Clear your path to advanced and executive roles in today's evidence-based practice environment through this online post-master's program from one of the top nursing schools in America.
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- A completed graduate nursing application.
- A professional portfolio that includes:
- Statement of reason(s) for seeking the DNP degree
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Copy of license (as an RN and advanced practice license, if applicable) from at least one state
- Certification in an advanced practice specialty (exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for applicants whos proposed plan of study incorporates completion of an advanced practice post-master's certificate)
- Narrative description of current and past clinical practice
- Three letters of reference (at least one from a former dean or academic adviser and at least one from a former employer)
- Publications (if applicable)
- International applicants should attach copies of all grade reports, certificates, and transcripts at the time of application in both the original language and in English translation. English proficiency and proof of funding documents must be presented to the Office of Graduate Admissions either by postal mail or in person. These documents will not be accepted through the online application.
There is a 4-credit clinical residency course that requires 360 (90 per credit) hours. Clinical hours are based upon student goals and interests. The residency is completed in four 1-credit increments. Residency hours may be taken concurrently with project work.
Most states require the University to seek specific authorization before offering online programs to students in that state. Applications are pending in some states, so please check back on a regular basis if you live in a state where applications are not currently being accepted.
The Catholic University of America is unique as the national university of the Catholic Church and as the only higher education institution founded by the U.S. bishops. Established in 1887 as a papally chartered graduate and research center, the University began offering undergraduate education in 1904.
At The Catholic University of America, one of America’s oldest and strongest major research universities, the search for truth ranges across 12 schools, 120 disciplines, and every continent. CUA offers doctoral, graduate, undergraduate, adult, online, and pre-college programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.